Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My open apology to Christians.

I judge Christians based on nothing more than their religion.  I realize this is wrong, and I apologize.  I was hurt deeply by many people who associated themselves as Christians, and have punished others for their meanness.  I have also witnessed others become victims of peoples' misplaced sense of faith and their "obligation" to cast stones and point out other peoples' sins.  It has only been within the last few years that I have found people who truly live according to the Word, and strive to love all people, regardless of their perceived wrongdoings.  In my own personal search to becoming a better person, I am trying to pinpoint my own shortcomings and correct them.  So to my Christian friends, I am sorry that I have judged you unjustly.  I apologize for any hurt feelings I have caused.  Thank you for being my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being candid and genuine.

    I can't tell you how much it hurts to be judge by my faith alone. It is beyond unfair. Having a bad experience with one or a few people from a certain religion, social group, club, race, organization, appearance or what have you doesn't give us the the liberty to label all those who belong. Judge people by their own individual character and merit alone.

    Yet if I as a Christian publicly judged someone who was of another religion, I would most likely receive a slew of threats and attacks. Yet if someone of another religion judges a Christian it is TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE.

    There will ALWAYS be people from every religion who do wicked or horrible things in the name of religion to justify their actions.

    Let us not be equally horrible in judging people prematurely before we have had a fair opportunity to get to know them.

    ReplyDelete